scp with files > 2gb

Theo E. Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sat Apr 21 08:18:34 EST 2001

Darren Moffat wrote:

> A while back someone posted a patch for scp that updates it to deal with
> files > 2gb by using 64 bit offsets as defined by LFS (Large File Sumit).
>
> I belive the patch was tested on Linux but maybe not on other systems
> that support largefiles.
>
> I've tried this under Solaris and scp fails with a broken pipe on only the
> second write to the pipe between scp and ssh if the file is over 2gb.
> If the file is under 2gb it works fine.
> scp from: OpenSSH 2.5.1p2
>
> client and server both Solaris.
> Any comments ?

I am running OpenSSH on Solaris 2.6 and I can copy large files from Sol2.6 ->
Sol2.6 using OpenSSH 2.5.1p2 and 2.3.0p1.  I did get a sigpipe when my
filesystem wasn't created and mounted with largefiles enabled.

I use Veritas, so after I make the fs, I mount it and use fsadm to turn on
largefiles support.  After that, everything worked like a charm.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E  2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F