Why we can't login ? (fwd)

Tal Dayan tal at zapta.com
Sun Apr 22 05:20:53 EST 2001

Yes, I understand the technical reason, and it is probably very challenging
to support so many derivatives of Unix. However, password authentication is
a key feature of SSH and Redhat Linux is one of the primary platforms
on which Openssh is used.

Isn't it the job of the 'configure' step to customize the configuration to
specifics of the platform in use ? Having it making an intelligent decision
regarding the PAM, at least for few common platforms, will be appreciated
by many users.

Tal