HELP! sftp hangs on exit / Bug?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 21:32:59 EST 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 03:09:17PM -0700, David Hawkins wrote:
> Ok, I downloaded, and installed the latest snapshot as
> referred to below.
>
> The file name was openssh-2.5.2p2, whereas
> the Cygwin file was openssh-2.5.2p2-3. I'm not
> sure what the appropriate dash would be for this
> download.

-3 is the latest and correct one. It contains two Cygwin specific
fixes which have become part of the official sources in the meantime.

> Anyway - sftp no longer hangs - yeah! BUT,
> CVS continues to hang ARGGHHH!

Would you mind to try it using the latest official Cygwin
version (1.3.1)? I suspect what you see is a Win 9x/ME issue
which is related to using anonymous pipes. It's one of the
bugs which Microsoft has given up to fix. Upgrading to
NT/W2K helps ;-) Another try is to download the openssh
sources and compile them without setting USE_PIPES in
define.h as it's done in the Cygwin release version due
to some problems with socketpairs. This error might be
resolved in 1.3.1 but I have to check that...

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer