[openssh-unix-dev] Functionality bug (possibly) in openssh on AIX 4.3 (fwd)

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 27 13:27:10 EST 2001

At 5:59 PM -0700 4/26/01, David Terrell wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:40:31PM -0500, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
>  > On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, David Bronder wrote:
>  >
>  > Which is why I'm not really too eager to apply.  Ignoring system policies
>  > is not really the best thing.
>
>Why not, PermitRootLogin already ignores 'insecure' markings in
>/etc/ttys on openbsd, and similar features in other operating systems.

have to vote against its inclusion; just because PermitRootLogin is
"broken" (I'm not saying that it is; that is just my opinion) on the
other platforms, it doesn't mean it should be broken everywhere.

as an aix admin, if I want to turn off root login via the network, I
really want it turned off.

--
sandor w. sklar
unix systems administrator