Updated partial auth patch against CVS

Karl M karlm30 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:22:18 EST 2001

Hi Carson...

I'm a little confused...I don't think that I mentioned these points. I was
looking at getting partial authentication working with CygWin.

The code image I am running now, takes advantage of the fact that password
authentication is done (last) as part of the list and that public key is the
only other method used (so I only comment out the check_nt_auth there).

I think that the check needs to be removed from the other methods (except
password) and done as a final step after all methods in the authentication
list have been completed.

I didn't think I saw that when I read your patch.

Also...It seems to me that it would be possible to do something similar for
ssh1 authentication (possibly without the nice partial success messages and
possible wothout control of the order of the steps). What are your thoughts
on this?

Thanks,

...Karl