Feature request

jakob at openbsd.org jakob at openbsd.org
Fri Aug 3 08:48:00 EST 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Pinter Jozsef wrote:

> So... it would be nice, if you change the host resolver code to this:
> it should lookup MX records like mail transport agents, but only if A
> record for host doesn't present.

this is really a bad idea. for the purpose I think you're looking for a
solution to, one could consider adding support for SRV-records (as
described in RFC 2782). example:

  _ssh._tcp.example.com. IN SRV  0 0 1022 host1.example.com.
                         IN SRV 10 0 2022 host2.example.com.

in this example 'ssh example.com' would first try host1.example.com port
1022 and then host2.example.com port 2022.

	jakob