Trying to get Openssh with AFS on HP 10.20 to work

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 3 16:42:10 EST 2001

Robert,

[OpenSSH with AFS not compiling on HP-UX 10.20]

I'm using OpenSSH 2.9p2, OpenSSL 0.9.6a, KTH KerberosIV 1.0.8, and AFS
3.4 5.81.

> cc: "auth-passwd.c", line 188: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.
> cc: "auth-passwd.c", line 188: error 1529: Cannot select field of non-structure.

I had exactly the same problem compiling SSH Inc. ssh-1.2.27 with AFS
for both HP-UX 10.20 and Digital UNIX 4.0F. The reason is that the
Kerberos include files clash with the system-supplied include files
for passwd information management.

At least in SSH Inc. ssh, auth-passwd.c is concerned with authenticating
against host-managed passwords only, and omitting the include directory
-I/usr/athena/include from the compile command line for this source file
caused no problems and allowed me to produce a working sshd binary for HP.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,