Cray patch against openssh-SNAP-20010802

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue Aug 7 09:10:09 EST 2001

> The details on all the patches:
>
>  configure.in  - Add work around to sco libyp assumution.
Does Wendy's patch work?  I'd rather use her's.

>  sshd.c        - Turn off cray process privileges root is enough on PRIV_SU
> 			  unicos/unicosmk systems.

applied.

>  entropy.c     - Define INADDR_LOOPBACK

Can we put this in defines.h instead?

>  deattack.c    - Modified to not depend on u_int16_t
> 		       being 16bit in size.
I still want Markus or someone in the OpenBSD group to bless this or
come up with a high-breed idea for the OpenBSD tree.

>  scp.c         - Modified to use alarm instead of setitimer.
> 		       Unicos does not support setitier.

This was commited to the upstream tree.

>  serverloop.c	- Modified sigchld_handler to not reset
> 		       on Crays.  This is the
> 		       only case its needs to be reset, the side effect
>    	            is it fixes the problem with a infinite signal loop
>  			  under unicos and unicosmk.
> 		       Modified waitpid to keep trying if it gets an EINTR,
>  		       this can happen due to job termination signal on unicos and
> 		       unicosmk.

Still not included.  Waiting for feed back from others..

>  session.c     - Added unicos/unicosmk job termination signal handler.
> 		       Add TMPDIR environment variable.
> 			  Add code to set up a unicos/unicosmk job and system
> 		       limits.

Applied most.

>  sshpty.c      - Unicos/unicosk pty support.
>
> In openbsd-compat directory:
>  bindresvport.c & - Code around the fact that the address of  sin_port
>  rresvport.c.       really is 64 bit aligned on a SV1.

I can get Damien or someone else agree this is what we want to do?  It
looks fine to me.

>  bsd-cray.c       - Clean up cray support routines.  Fix su related
> 		          security bug.
>  bsd-cray.h       - Cray support subroutine proto types.

Applied.

I added bsd-cray.h to openbsd-compat.h  where it should be.. If does not
work out there then we should try defines.h before putting it into a
single file.

- Ben