Latest won't compile under Solaris 8

James M Moya moyman at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 14 08:55:09 EST 2001

Here the setup:

# cat ecn
rm config.cache
CC="cc -O -xarch=v9" ./configure \
        --prefix=/opt/openssh \
        --sysconfdir=/var/ssh \
        --with-rsh=/usr/local/etc/rsh \
        --with-ipv4-default \
        --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl \
        --with-pam \
        --with-ipaddr-display \
        --with-pid-dir=/var/ssh

ALthough I have tried several different configs, all die at the same spot:

cc -O -xarch=v9 -g -I. -I. -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -I/usr/local/include -DETCDIR=\"/var/ssh\"  -D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/opt/openssh/bin/ssh\"  -D_PATH_SSH_ASKPASS_DEFAULT=\"/opt/openssh/libexec/ssh-askpass\"  -D_PATH_SFTP_SERVER=\"/opt/openssh/libexec/sftp-server\"  -D_PATH_SSH_PIDDIR=\"/var/ssh\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c session.c
"session.c", line 628: identifier redeclared: do_pre_login
        current : function(pointer to struct Session {int used, int self, pointer to struct passwd {..} pw, pointer to struct Authctxt {..} authctxt, int pid, pointer to char term, int ptyfd, int ttyfd, int ptymaster, int row, int col, int xpixel, int ypixel, array[64] of char tty, pointer to char display, int screen, pointer to char auth_proto, pointer to char auth_data, int single_connection, int chanid, int is_subsystem}) returning void
        previous: function() returning int : "session.c", line 581
cc: acomp failed for session.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `session.o'

2.9p1 compiled fine with the same config file. The compilers is Forte 6 update 1up to the the latest patcher level.
--mike