openssh-2.9p2 not allowing root access?

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Fri Aug 17 23:20:23 EST 2001

Howdy,

I just installed openssh-2.9p2 on a Solaris 8 system.
I use the same configuration files as the previous installation
(which was 2.9p1) however I suddenly can't login as root anymore.
Loging in as a regular user + "su" still works so it's not a
password issue. I'm very sure the sshd_config has "PermitRootLogin yes".
Did any of the sshd_config change?

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/VPE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com