sshd problem

Olds, Aaron M Olds.Aaron at emeryworld.com
Tue Aug 21 03:43:28 EST 2001

I appologize in advance if this is a "stupid user problem" but here goes.
I have a RH 6.1 machine with PAM 0.75.  I installed OpenSSL and OpenSSH
(2.9p1).
ssh works fine however when I try to run sshd and then ssh into this same
machine
I get Failed Password for user x.  I copied the RH sshd.pam file into
/etc/pam.d/sshd.
I even deleted the user and readded it.  He can log onto the console but
can't ssh into
that machine.  Root is the only user who can ssh into that machine.  When I
run
sshd -d and try ssh -l amolds LinuxBox I get Permission Denied.  What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron