Patch for changing expired passwords

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Fri Aug 24 05:42:40 EST 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Dave Dykstra wrote:
:Will this patch be able to be incorporated in the next portable release?
:I've seen several people asking about this functionality, and Markus did
:the preparation work in the base code.

patch looks ok for systems with spwd. i think we need something like this,
but it should ideally work for all or most systems we support. in the case
of hp-ux for example, it has spwd and pr_passwd, but spwd can't currently
be used, and i don't think it should be. SCO or other systems that use
secureware-based trusted systems may have similar issues. there's also
passwd_adjunct and systems that have pw_change and probably other
mechanisms.  what changes might be in openssh native, and what are in
portable only?