Troubleshooting ssh-agent forwarding w/ v2 protocols

Ben Beuchler insyte at emt-p.org
Tue Aug 28 06:51:27 EST 2001

OK.  I've had a few replies to my earlier question about auth agent
forwarding that indicate that it is currently supported.  So now I'm confused
as to why it is not working for me.  I'm trying to chain between servers.
With v1 I could load my key into the ssh-agent on my workstation (a) and ssh
to server b and ssh from there to server c, all without typing a
passphrase/password.  Now I can go from a to b, but if I ssh to c I am
prompted for my password.

On my workstation, I have these lines in my /usr/local/etc/ssh_config:

Host *
    ForwardAgent yes
    ForwardX11 no
    <snip>

The config looks the same on b.

I have upgraded all three machines to OpenSSH 2.9p2.

Would it be worthwhile to post debugging output from either the client or the
server?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                           There is no spoon.
insyte at emt-p.org                                            -- The Matrix