scp

Tariq Lahyani Tariq.Lahyani at aa.com
Sat Dec 1 03:26:26 EST 2001

Hello again -

Has anybody tried scp or sftp successfully with openssh_3. I haven't been able to so far.  Here is what happens when I run the command:

home>scp -v myuser at machine4:/tmp/myfile ./file_new
Executing: program /opt/openssh2/bin/ssh host machine4, user myuser, command scp -v -f /tmp/myfile
OpenSSH_3.0p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090600f
debug1: ssh-userauth2 successful: method publickey
debug1: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: send channel open 0
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: ssh_session2_setup: id 0
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -f /tmp/myfile
debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 16384
debug1: channel 0: read<=0 rfd 8 len 0
debug1: channel 0: read failed
debug1: channel 0: input open -> drain
debug1: channel 0: close_read
debug1: channel 0: ibuf empty
debug1: channel 0: input drain -> closed
debug1: channel 0: send eof

Is it normal that the command it sends is diff. than the original one? I mean, it adds -f and suppresses the destination file.  The same scenario happens with sftp. Please let me know if you have an idea what might be going wrong here. Thanks.

Tariq

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Tariq Lahyani wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I am trying to use scp (openssh_3.0), but every time I run it, I get
> the following error:
>
> stty: Not a typewriter

Do you have .bashrc or similar scripts that are being run when non-login
sessions are started? If so, fix them.

-d