Authentication response too long with protocol 2 and ssh 3.0.1p1

Scott Burch scott.burch at camberwind.com
Sat Dec 1 06:34:33 EST 2001

Matt,

What version of OpenSSH is the server running you are connecting to? I can
reproduce this problem by trying to sftp (with the version in OpenSSH
3.0.1p1) to a machine running OpenSSH 2.9p2. The message too long message
only occurs with sftp, not a straight ssh connection in this case. Since you
aren't having the problem now, you may have already updated the server.

-Scott