-c none option

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Dec 9 12:15:26 EST 2001

Yo Corinna!

Having something available is not good enough.  Crypto use in many
countries could mean jail.  I know people that have been outside the
US using crypto and told by the local government to cease and desist
or be arrested.

Until we have steganography as an option for SSH there will be a need
for authentication only.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > Supporting cipher=none with MAC'd packets might make it legal to use ssh
> > in some countries where it couldn't otherwise be used, and while it would
>
> Just because an encryption implementation couldn't be exported from
> the US, it doesn't mean they weren't available.  That would mean
> that there were no developers outside of the US ;-)

RGDS
GARY