gssapi + seam on solaris

Simon Wilkinson simon at sxw.org.uk
Mon Dec 10 10:41:53 EST 2001

> i've compiled openssh with the gssapi patches on a solaris 8 system
> using sun's SEAM.  gssapi isn't initializing properly it seems.

As far as I'm aware, no-one has yet tested these patches with SEAM. I'd be
_very_ interested in getting this working.

> > debug2: input_userauth_request: try method gssapi
> > debug1: Mechanism negotiation is not supported

This indicates that the client is trying to establish a gssapi connection
when it has no supported GSSAPI mechanisms. This is rather wierd, and can
only result from a compile time configuration problem. It looks like GSSAPI
is being enabled, but no mechanisms (either KRB5 or GSI) are being added.
Looking at my additions to configure, I'm not sure how this can happen!

>From what I've heard of SEAM (I've yet to play with it), I suspect that
things won't work "out of the box", but if you've got time to investigate
that would be greatly appreciated!

Could you send me a copy of the output from running configure? Also, if you
could let me see the section of config.h that lists the GSSAPI related
defines, that would be good.

--
Simon Wilkinson            <simon at sxw.org.uk>          http://www.sxw.org.uk
"Richard had noticed that events were cowards: they didn't occur singly, but