-c none option

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Dec 11 14:09:09 EST 2001

Yo Damien!

Yes, France did significantly loosen their crypto law.  There is
still a lot of older software still in France that does not
support string crypto.  This issue comes up weekly in the
rdesktop mailing list...

If you look further in the URL you gave, you will notice several
countries that still ban encryption under certain circumstances.

Austria:
The Betriebsfunkverordnung forbids encryption in internal company and
organisation radio transmissions.

Belarus:
Cryptography use by business people is restricted.

Burma (Myanmar)
Cryptography is said to be restricted through a licensing regime.

People's Republic of China
By State Council Order No. 273, "Commercial Use Password Management
Regulations", published on 15 October 1999 and in effect since 7 October
1999, domestic crypto manufacture and use is severely restricted.

Russia
On 3 April 1995, president Yeltsin issued a decree prohibiting
unauthorized encryption.

Personnally, I would never use a "-c none" option.  I'm just pointing
out that there exist a class of people for which that is their only
option.

It is up to you to decide whether to reach out to this group or not.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676