hang on exit bug under Linux

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Dec 12 02:23:49 EST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:12:32AM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > Actually, now I'm convinced that even having the sshd send SIGHUP to the
> > process group when the session leader exits might not be correct.
> >
> > Is it possible to have the client, upon reception of the session exit
> > message, choose to send SIGHUP to the session (meaning the process
> > group) and/or force the channels closed? Is this at all possible in the
> > SSHv2 protocol?
>
> i sent a patch for signal passing. nobody did comment.

I would like to see that patch go in, but without actually running it
and testing it.  I really did not want to comment on it.  Same is true
about SIGHUP.

However, there are more people than me on this list that are in far better
positions for testing (for at least the next month or two).  So it is very
sad that no one had bothered to comment on it.

 - Ben