disabling sftp authentication using openssh 2.9.9p2...

Ranjitsingh, Kirk kirk.ranjitsingh at us.sema.com
Tue Dec 18 07:32:49 EST 2001

I'm trying to use sftp from a 2.9.9p2 client, connecting to a F-Secure 2.4.0
server, but consistently get the following.

debug1: authentications that can continue: hostbased,publickey,password
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try privkey: /path/acct/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: try pubkey: /path/acct/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: authentications that can continue: hostbased,publickey,password
debug1: next auth method to try is password
acct at remotehostsftp's password:

Entering the password allow access.  But I'm trying to authenticate with
having to enter a password.

The remote host has a copy of the public key from
/path/acct/.ssh/identity.pub file
Client host /path/acct/.ssh/id_dsa exists and ssh-agent is running.

I assume the id_dsa file isn't needed for publickey authentication, but why
is it asking for the pubkey: /path/acct/.ssh/id_dsa.
What am I missing?

Help...