openssh, pam and cryptocard's cryptoadmin / easyradius

Guido Paliot guido.paliot at to.com
Tue Dec 18 20:30:22 EST 2001

Hi,

this is merely FYI, but i would appreciate if someone had any comments
or further information on the topic.

We were using the following setup :
cryptocard easyradius with RB-1 hardware tokens (hex or decimal display,
synchronous (quicklog) mode)
f-secure ssh with pam radius authentication

This worked fine until we updated to openssh 2.9p2. Then all
authentications where the response included alpha characters did not work
anymore. That means that users whose tokens were set to hexadecimal
display could not auhenticate, except when their hex response conatined
numbers _only_.

We reprogrammed all tokens to decimal display and contacted cryptocard.
You find their response forwarded.

Regards,

Guido Paliot

Guido Paliot                                       guido.paliot at to.com
Thinking Objects                              phone: +49.711.88770.400
Lilienthalstraße 2                              fax: +49.711.88770.449
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany