What's the problem with the CVS repository?

Christian Kurz shorty at getuid.de
Thu Dec 20 01:29:08 EST 2001

On 01-12-19 Markus Friedl wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 01:42:26PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
[...]
> > And why was it changed from pserver to ssh now?

> different provider, different service. what's wrong with ssh?

Hm, I just wonder why the cvs is hanging for me. I have the variable
echo $CVS_RSH correctly set and with an other project, that's working
fine. But when I try to run

|cvs -z3 -dopenssh at anoncvs.be.openbsd.org:/cvs get openssh

it hangs. And will using strace, I saw that it hangs here:

|connect(4, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(22), sin_addr=inet_addr("157.193.69.9")}}, 16

I then verified via mtr that I can reach that host (9 hops) and that no
packet loss is occuring. So could anyone please tell me, what the
problem is?

Christian
--
Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
                -- Mark Twain