help -- generating a patch

download (Jim Prewett) download at ahpcc.unm.edu
Sat Dec 22 07:26:52 EST 2001

All,

I'm attempting to generate a patch for 3.0.2p1.  This patch will modify
the configure script (and another file); I would like to do it via the
configure.ac file.

However, when I run 'autoconf ./configure.ac > ./configure.new', I get an
unuseable ./configure.new script; both with and without my patch
applied (including from a freshly unpacked tarball).  Here is the error:

[dl at spacebrain openssh-3.0.2p1]$ ./configure.new
./configure.new: line 606: syntax error near unexpected token
`AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(ssh.c)'
./configure.new: line 606: `AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(ssh.c)'

Now, I'm guessing that I screwed something up (i'm not terribly familular
with autoconf and friends).  Any help you could give me would be
appriciated....

Also, while I'm at it, is the proper way to submit a patch to OpenSSH to
create a 'diff -u' of the two trees?

Thanks,
--dl