ssh

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Sun Dec 23 18:49:04 EST 2001

Chris:

    Funny you mention this; I was looking into the possibilities of more
detailed keyboard input some time ago.  What can I say; I *really* want to
play with the Half-Keyboard Patch(
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~john/computer/hk/) without having to sit at
console.

    At some level, it's absolutely possible for at least PC hardware to
detect keypresses independent of their ASCII codes -- think of all the PC
games that use this capability to know that up, Z, and X are all pressed at
once.  What I don't know is whether or not there's a TTY mode that handles
this.

    What's your use for this, out of curiosity?

Yours Truly,

    Dan Kaminsky
    DoxPara Research
    http://www.doxpara.com

P.S. Yes, that blank email was sent because of me experimenting with control
combinations.  Oops.