sftp client

Jeremy Katz katzj at linuxpower.org
Tue Feb 6 18:35:50 EST 2001

On Tuesday, February 06 2001, Damien Miller said:
> As of Sunday evening, OpenSSH has an interactive sftp client. It should
> be in the more recent snapshots.

Yay!  One more nail in the coffin of insecure protocols :)

> It would be appreciated if you could test new client and find all the
> bugs :) Please also have a read of the manpage and ensure that it
> matches what is implemented.

Unfortunately, hitting some bugs with current CVS against sftp-server
from the same CVS checkout.

If you try to change to a non-existent directory, your next command
always leads to a "xfree: NULL pointer given as argument" and sftp
exiting

Trying to GET any files gives me "Couldn't close file: No Such File"

Versus the sftp-server in 2.3.0p1, the client just fails horribly,
hanging at the end of an ls, and showing the same symptoms as against
the current CVS sftp-server for a get.  Not sure if that's expected or
not :)

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj at linuxpower.org	| jlkatz at eos.ncsu.edu
http://linuxpower.org	| Developer, NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux
GPG fingerprint: 367E 8B6B 5E57 2BDB 972A 4D73 C83C B4E8 89FE 392D