sftp client

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Feb 8 02:00:15 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Roumen Petrov wrote:

> I don't know what to say. Look in patch.
>
> subsystem work only with 'sh' and not with 'bash'
> sh command is link to bash and bash is:

They do?  Funny..

[mouring at etoh openssh]$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.04.11(1)-release (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)

Works just perfectly fine to me.   There has to be another reason.  I have
sftp-server working with bash, ksh, ssh, and even csh/tsch.   However if
you have *ANYTHING* printing from your .bashrc and friends it will spew
out that type of error.

[mouring at etoh openssh]$ ssh -s localhost sftp
mouring at localhost's password:
usage: sftp [-vC] [-osshopt=value] [user@]host

If you get anything between the password prompt and the usage: prompt then
you have to start digging around for what is interjecting text.

- Ben