OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 on Solaris

Nathan Dorfman nathan at rtfm.net
Sun Feb 4 06:42:03 EST 2001

This appears to have been asked a few times on the mailing
lists but never answered/fixed entirely.

Running 2.3.0p1 on Solaris 7, I am trying to use the UseLogin
server directive (I want /bin/login to be used). The connection
succeeds, sshd tries to exec login(1), and I get this:

No utmpx entry. You must exec "login" from the lowest level "shell".
Connection to x.x.x.x closed.

The sshd from ssh-1.2.28 works fine with this directive. Is this
a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks.

--
Nathan Dorfman <nathan at rtfm.net>		[http://www.rtfm.net]
"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching