sshd hanging after multiple successive logons

douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com
Fri Feb 9 00:36:04 EST 2001

Damien,

I was able to confirm this problem was caused by a deadlock when key
regeneration began during a client logon.  I set the key regeneration
interval to 15 seconds and kicked-off the logon script.  It took between 2
and 4 minutes for sshd to hang!

The good news is that I ran the latest snapshot under the same conditions.
 It has been working for two hours and still going strong.  Prognosis:
cured.

I look forward to the next release :-)

Thanks for your help,
 Doug Manton, AT&T EMEA Firewall and Security Solutions

                 E:  demanton at att.com
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy"