sftp client

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Feb 10 02:58:42 EST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 05:32:51PM +0200, Roumen Petrov wrote:
> > if .bashrc prints messages it will break:
> > 	rcp
> > 	scp
> > 	rsync
> > 	cvs
> >
> > and so on.
>
> Printing some messages from $HOME/.bashrc break only OpenSSH utilites
> and not SSH.COM !!!
> I might use in future ssh from ssh.com.

are you sure?

% cat /home/msfriedl/.bashrc
echo hallo
% telnet localhost 20005
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-1.99-2.4.0 SSH Secure Shell (non-commercial)
^]
telnet> Connection closed.
% rsync msfriedl at local24:/bsd /tmp/bsdx
msfriedl at localhost's password:
protocol version mismatch - is your shell clean?
(see the rsync man page for an explanation)
[2]

so how can ssh from ssh.com help you in the future?