I don't know if this is the right place

Ancelmo Rodriguez Parra ancelmo at siia.umich.mx
Sat Feb 10 07:05:53 EST 2001

	I don't know if this is the right place for my problem, but
couldn't find any other place.
	I am trying to install OpenSSH in a HPUX system, I installed
OpenSSL and Zlibzlib-1.1.3, but when I execute configure, get the
following:

# ./configure
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... no
checking host system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for ar... ar
checking for perl... /opt/perl5/bin//perl
checking for ent... no
checking for login... /usr/bin/login
checking for inline... no
checking for HPUX trusted system password database... yes
configure: warning: This configuration is untested
checking for deflate in -lz... no
configure: error: *** zlib missing - please install first ***

can you help me? if not, please also tell me.