more rpm problems...

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Mon Feb 12 03:26:15 EST 2001

much thanks to Gregory, Andrew, Pekka & Damien for their
various suggestions which eventually got me ablt to build
on both the old redhat-5.2 and the redhat-6.2 machines.

upgrading to rpm-3.0.5 was critical in both cases, it
solved the problem on the 6.2 machine easily.  the
suggestion to manually edit the spec file got me in the
right direction to eventually figure out what i was being
told to do, find and edit the spec file, then rebuild only
the packages i needed.  much thanks to the author of the
spec file for putting the options to not compile the
graphical versions of askpass.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 04:41:39PM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Also, it'd be probably good idea to add rpm >= 3.0.5 Requires
> and/or BuildRequires so people don't wonder why their non-updated
> RHL6x can't cope with --rebuild.

it sure would.  i was very confused about the problems i had;
the fact that the /tmp/openssh/bin dir wasn't being created,
as well as very confused when on another machine without 3.0.5,
i got a very strange error telling me i need openssl >= 0.9.5,
when i had 0.9.5a installed.  but, upgrading to rpm-3.0.5 fixed
that also.

--

    CraigL->Thx();
    Be Developer ID: 5852