problem compiling openssh-2.3.0p1 with openssl-0.9.6

Jan Samohyl asgard at hellnet.cz
Wed Feb 14 04:48:28 EST 2001

Hello,
I am using Redhat 6.1 on pentium. I have installed openssl-0.9.6 to
/usr/local/ssl (default) because I wanted to install openssh. But openssh
config script said "cannot find openssl libraries"; so I looked to the
configure.in but the correct path was specified here. I also tried to move
include files from /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl to
/usr/local/ssl/include but it didn't worked anyway. What seems strange to
me, in the configure.in there is additional -lcrypto option specified, but
I don't have any such library on my system. Can anyone help ?
Thank you Jan Samohyl