add scp path to _PATH_STDPATH

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Wed Feb 14 05:48:37 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Damien Miller wrote:
: > what do you think about this patch to add the path to scp to
: > _PATH_STDPATH?  is there a better or cleaner way to do this?  i'm hoping
: > to ward off 'scp doesn't work' questions for the next release.
:
: I have been a little suspicious of this in the past, because I don't like
: messing with PATH without being explicit. OTOH it would solve a lot of
: support questions from people who don't read the FAQ.

i've been wary as well, but i can't think of a reason not to add
$prefix/bin to the default PATH.

commit?  better way to do this?