issue with EGD in openssh

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Wed Feb 14 07:13:53 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 07:37:33AM -0700, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> 1) SIGPIPE is not ignored for the master listener daemon.  I put
>    the signal() call early on since it needs to be before
>    get_random_bytes() is called but it could also be placed in the
>    EGD version of get_random_bytes().  For some reason, with prngd
>    I am getting SIGPIPE even though the prngd processes is not
>    dying.  get_random_bytes() also needs to check for EPIPE and
>    reconnect to the daemon if it gets that.

Hmm, I have not yet seen this behaviour. On what platform do you see
this behaviour?

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/