issue with EGD in openssh

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Wed Feb 14 07:35:24 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:18:27PM -0700, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> In message <20010213211353.A11946 at serv01.aet.tu-cottbus.de>
> 	so spake Lutz Jaenicke (Lutz.Jaenicke):
>
> > Hmm, I have not yet seen this behaviour. On what platform do you see
> > this behaviour?
>
> I see it on SunOS, Solaris, and Digital UNIX.

I am somewhat surprised. If you see a SIGPIPE in OpenSSH, PRNGD must be closing
the connection. This should not happen, since several queries can be made
over the same connection.
The only reason for PRNGD to close the connection is when PRNGD itself
experiences a problem with the read/write operations...
I have not seen this on HP-UX or Linux (the platforms I am using)...
I have an idea to track it down and might prepare a test version, that
I would like to send you a little bit later by private mail...

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/