patches for UnixWare v2.x pty (misc.c,configure.in)

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Sat Feb 17 01:20:59 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Damien Miller wrote:
: > and hp-ux select *does* restart select when SA_RESTART.
:
: Damn. Solaris & Linux don't, I suspect that SCO doesn't either.
:
: We might have to make it platform specific - we can't go wrapping
: every syscall in while ret==EINTR loops.
:
: > also, i changed the SIGWINCH handler to use mysignal (without
: > SA_RESTART) and it fixed the problem noticed by itojun about having to
: > enter a character before SIGWINCH was processed.  that's interesting.
:
: Are you sure? Mine started working correctly when I updated all my
: systems the other day - I thought that this was due to Theo's twiddling
: with the clientloop.c stuff.

you're right, it works with just signal() as well.  i didn't know it had
been fixed.

: > so if we plan to move signal()->mysignal() everywhere, we can't just
: > always set SA_RESTART.
:
: Could we set it by signal? "if (signum == SIGCHLD) flags |= SA_RESTART"?

yes, let's do that.  i'll commit a change shortly.