PATCH: make contrib/redhat/sshd.init work with older RH releases

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sat Feb 17 07:29:25 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jim Knoble wrote:
> Attached is a patch to contrib/redhat/sshd.init which eliminates the
> dependency on the success() and failure() functions from
> initscripts>=4.16.  This allows sshd.init to be used for both early and
> recent releases of Red Hat Linux (i've confirmed it works on both 4.2
> and 5.2 as well as 6.2).

Speaking of sshd.init.. I think it might be a good idea to mave some stuff
under 'case' to their own functions as Red Hat has done in their own
openssh package.

Maintainability in both directions would be better, and the file hopefully
cleaner.

I can volunteer for some merging (in pre-2.5.0 timeline) if this is
thought to be desirable.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"