OpenSSH 2.5.0p1

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Feb 18 05:53:36 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 10:43:43AM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> > > Am I missing something, or wouldn't simply renaming login.h work?  That
> > > seems like a fairly common word to use as a private header file anyway...
> > >

> > If we did this I would perfer if Markus would provide the name for which
> > he plans on moving it to in the OpenBSD tree (including pty.h/pty.c).
> > Keeping trees in sync with different files names is not fun. =)
> >
> > If not, I would rather break builddir != srcdir for a single platform then
> > revisit it post-2.5.0.
> >
> > Frankly, it really does not thrill me to see -I. when I do a
> > ./configure;make inside the source directory.  Mainly because of the
>
> IMO: builddir != srcdir is the standard case. builddir == srcdir
> is just a special case which moreover isn't a too clean way to
> build stuff. I think it isn't' worth to tweak configure to drop
> some -I for just one special case.

builddir == srcdir is a special case, true, but still.. I'd approximate
over 95% if not 99% of users _do_ build software when builddir == srcdir.
It's IMO a lot more important to get it right for the most commonly used
case.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"