PATCH: make contrib/redhat/sshd.init work with older RH releases

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Feb 18 07:17:07 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Jim Knoble wrote:
> I think it would be better to call the start() and stop() functions by
> more specific names to avoid potential namespace conflict.  Any of
> these would be better (i myself prefer the second):
>
>   - start_sshd, stop_sshd
>   - sshd_start, sshd_stop
>   - start_ssh, stop_ssh
>   - ssh_start, ssh_stop
>
> In fact, i would suggest prefixing all function names defined here with
> 'sshd_' or 'ssh_'.

This is not a common practice among RH init scripts, and IMO we shouldn't
worry about this.  It's not like init.d/sshd is being sourced into other
files where this might matter (ie: this will only come up if RH adds
start/stop functions to initscripts)

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"