Small aix patch to configure.in

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Feb 18 11:28:12 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, William L. Jones wrote:
> The following aix patch to configure.in forces /usr/include to be searched
> before /usr/local/include on AIX systems only.  This allows the normal
> include rules to untangle  <login.h> from "login.h" on AIX when using the AIX
> cc compiler or gcc.  Please see that it gets applied to the current cvs
> source tree.   It fixes the only compile time error the current cvs tree has
> on aix with out reaming the "login.h" include file.

<snip patch>

Confirmed.  This is necessary to build.

OpenSSH configured has been configured with the following options.
                 User binaries: /usr/local/bin
               System binaries: /usr/local/sbin
           Configuration files: /usr/local/etc
               Askpass program: /usr/local/libexec/ssh-askpass
                  Manual pages: /usr/local/man/catX
                      PID file: /usr/local/etc
      Random number collection: Builtin (timeout 200)
                Manpage format: cat
                   PAM support: no
            KerberosIV support: no
                   AFS support: no
                 S/KEY support: no
          TCP Wrappers support: no
          MD5 password support: no
   IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
      Use IPv4 by default hack: no
       Translate v4 in v6 hack: no

              Host: rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.1.0
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall
Preprocessor flags:  -I/usr/local/include -I/v/aix43_rs/comm/openssl/latest//include
      Linker flags:  -L/usr/local/lib -Llibz/ -L/v/aix43_rs/comm/openssl/latest//lib -L/v/aix43_rs/comm/openssl/latest/
         Libraries: -lz -lnsl   -lcrypto

Else you get:
---
auth.c: In function `allowed_user':
auth.c:145: warning: implicit declaration of function `loginrestrictions'
auth.c:145: `S_RLOGIN' undeclared (first use in this function)
auth.c:145: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
auth.c:145: for each function it appears in.)
---

Also, if someone is interested in warnings, I took down a few:
---
channels.c: In function `channel_post_connecting':
channels.c:719: warning: passing arg 5 of `getsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type

cipher.c: In function `cipher_by_name':
cipher.c:440: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcasecmp'

packet.c: In function `packet_read':
packet.c:687: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'

entropy.c: In function `init_rng':
entropy.c:812: warning: implicit declaration of function `seteuid'

uuencode.c: In function `uuencode':
uuencode.c:37: warning: implicit declaration of function `b64_ntop'
uuencode.c: In function `uudecode':
uuencode.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function `b64_pton'

auth.c: In function `allowed_user':
auth.c:145: warning: implicit declaration of function `loginrestrictions'
auth2.c: In function `userauth_reply':
auth2.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function `loginsuccess'
auth2.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function
`get_canonical_hostname'
auth-passwd.c: In function `auth_password':
auth-passwd.c:138: warning: implicit declaration of function
`authenticate'
auth-passwd.c:105: warning: unused variable `loginmsg'
In file included from session.c:72:
/usr/include/usersec.h:593: warning: `struct aud_rec' declared inside
parameter list
/usr/include/usersec.h:593: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want.
/usr/include/usersec.h:594: warning: `struct aud_rec' declared inside
parameter list
session.c: In function `do_child':
session.c:1082: warning: implicit declaration of function `initgroups'
---
[ a lot of duplicates esp strcasecomp deleted ]

I just compiled, didn't try the client/server itself.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"