OpenSSH 2.5.0p1

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sun Feb 18 13:40:21 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Pekka Savola wrote:

[..]
> > IMO: builddir != srcdir is the standard case. builddir == srcdir
> > is just a special case which moreover isn't a too clean way to
> > build stuff. I think it isn't' worth to tweak configure to drop
> > some -I for just one special case.
>
> builddir == srcdir is a special case, true, but still.. I'd approximate
> over 95% if not 99% of users _do_ build software when builddir == srcdir.
> It's IMO a lot more important to get it right for the most commonly used
> case.

I don't agree.. builddir == srcdir is more common now then builddir !=
srcdir for end users.  However I will agree within a coperation or a
multi-platform enviroment building outside the source dir is more common.

The best choice is renaming login.[ch] and pty.[ch] is the best
choice.  However, doing it portable only is asking for a headache for us
that have to sync the trees.

- Ben