sftp enhancements

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Feb 19 01:57:53 EST 2001

Hello all,

Just tested sftp for the first time.  Looks neat, thanks for the work :-)

However, there's still some stuff to be done before ftp can be thrown into
the garbage bin and never taken out again, for example:

 - file name globbing with e.g. 'get'
 - tab completion with get etc.
 - ability to pass parameters to 'ls', e.g. 'ls -t' (I'm not sure if the
protocol supports this)
 - [chroot to the homedir after user authentication, server side issue]
 - ...

But still -- now there's a working, free client available which is the
most important thing.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"