Packet integrity error. (34)

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Feb 20 02:44:17 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 02:13:51PM +0000, douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com wrote:
> If this is a client issue, then please let me know and I will chase Van
> Dyke for a resolution.  Disabling X11 forwarding and/or moving to ssh2
> fixes the problem.

this is a client side bug.  tell them that Markus Friedl from
the OpenSSH project confirmed the bug :)

> debug1: Allocating pty.
> debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 13 (0xd)
> debug1: Received request for X11 forwarding with auth spoofing.
> debug2: SSH_PROTOFLAG_SCREEN_NUMBER == false
> Packet integrity error (62 != 58) at session.c:358
> Disconnecting: Packet integrity error. (34)
> debug1: Calling cleanup 0x2000175c(0x2000aee0)
> debug1: pty_cleanup_proc: /dev/pts/7

it seems that SecureCRT sends a display 'screen' number in the x11
request packet, but did not set the matching protocol flag in an
earlier message. this worked before because OpenSSH-2.3.0p1 was buggy
and ignored the protocol flag....

-m