Cannot connect to OpenSSH 2.5.1p1

Louis D. Zirkel III lzirkel at cleverly.com
Wed Feb 21 02:44:08 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> I've installed today the openssh-2.5.1p1 from RPMS and I cannot use it
> with protocol 2. It gives:

> And the conenction is dropped. The server says in the log:
>
> Feb 20 17:01:41 server sshd[5525]: fatal: xfree: NULL pointer given as
> argument
>
> and that's it. Any ideas? Protocol 1 works OK, so did protocol 2 with
> 2.3.0.

When I had this same problem I got the latest openssl rpms from RedHat
(I had the ones from OpenSSH.com) and it resolved the problem.  What the
difference is between the two I don't know.  You might give that a try.

--
 Louis Zirkel III (lzirkel at cleverly.com)             System Admin/Programmer
 "We're living on the Edge of the Century"                           -- Styx