OpenSSH 2.5.0p1

Ishikawa ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp
Wed Feb 21 11:14:20 EST 2001

Ishikawa wrote:

> mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
>
> > Known issues:
> >

> > 7) Solaris '$PATH' issue -- ?? (Unfixable before 2.5.0?)  [I'm getting
> > more reports of this.  I'll present them when they get their facts
> > together]
>
> Attached is a memo that contains the debug output
> when the problem is reproduced locally on our office machines.
>
> I think the afffected systems are at least solaris 7 and solaris 8 from
> what I gather from the post. The log below
> is generated when I tried the command against sshd
> 2.3.0p1 on a solaris 7 for x86 host.
> (without "-2", the command works.)
>
> "ssh -2 host 'echo $PATH' doesn't work against sshd on solaris7 for x86"

The latest 2.5.1p1 seems to have solved the problem at least for me.

A few comments.
I noticed that I needed to modify sshd_config manually since
the dsa key file needs to be specified.

Also, the installeration using "make install" seems to have run
smoother this time. The installation of manual input was interrupted
due to errors before.

Happy Hacking,

Chiaki