scp vs sftp.

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Feb 22 19:01:50 EST 2001

Yes you are probably right :)

my computer was running out of battery when i was typing the mail.

now that sftp is becomming a 'standard' is the more general solution.

it would be nice if someone could add support for the
sftp-protocol to scp.

note also, that sftp works fine over the ssh protocol version
1 in openssh (sftp -1 host).

-markus