X11 display issues

Wendy Palm wendyp at cray.com
Tue Feb 27 06:01:25 EST 2001

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Wendy Palm wrote:
>
> > you are, of course, correct.  i knew that, but did it wrong anyway.
> >
> > here is a resend, in a more proper format-
> >

> I'm applying most of this.  I'd perfer to put the NO_X11_UNIX_SOCKETS
> defines in the  configure.in.  If you could let me know what what the
> correct target-host section is I'd be grateful.

i'd planned on keeping the unicos out of the configure until i'm sure
it's running properly, so users don't download & use til i'm ready
to support it :)

> Out of interest, how large of a patch are we looking at to sync Cray
> support up to the Portable tree, and is it fully functional?

i don't want to take too much credit for this myself.  bill jones did an
awful lot of work on it.  i'm just in the test, cleanup, learn-how-the-
heck-it-works-so-i-can-support-it phase.

the unicos port is currently changes to 13 files, mostly small,
and the addition of a bunch of code for login initialization (~200 lines).

i've run into a few problems that i don't know if they are real problems
or my configuration problems, so i haven't sent them out.  i'm ready to
send quite a bit of it though.

> BTW, if you ever have a spare Cray feel free to send it about 2 miles
> south of your Eagan branch.. I'd be happy to play on one.=)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1216561107

or something a little closer to home....

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1216827942

:)

--
wendy palm
Cray OS Sustaining Engineering, Cray Inc.