tech question "sftp to ftponly accounts"

Ivan Teliatnikov ivan at es.usyd.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 11:49:19 EST 2001

Sorry guys,

I am not meant to write to this list disturbing developers with a silly
end user question, but this a matter of huge importance for me.

I am running ssh-server on RedHat 6.1. Before we introduced ssh we had a
couple of ftponly accounts for people downloading data from our
university database. It appears that they cannot access ftponly account
from any windows sftp clients. However it works fine for all normal
users. May be you can give a hint on this matter.

Many many thanks,

Ivan.