win clients and sftp

Jarno Huuskonen Jarno.Huuskonen at uku.fi
Wed Feb 28 07:58:08 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, Brett Longworth wrote:
> I'm having trouble with users transferring files to a solaris box running
> ossh v2.3.1p1 via sftp using ssh.com's windows client.  The sftp client
> appears not to respect the users umask, creating files with either mode
> 666 or 600.  We're using version 2.4.0 of the windows client. Any ideas?

Check if you have an option "preserve original file time" or something similar
checked on the Windows client. If you have this option checked then
sftp (client) creates the files with mode 666. This happens also with
ssh(r/tm).com's sftp-server. I think that the client behavior is really
stupid in this case.

-Jarno

Jarno Huuskonen - System Administrator   |  Jarno.Huuskonen at uku.fi
University of Kuopio - Computer Center   |  Work:   +358 17 162822
PO BOX 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland       |  Mobile: +358 40 5388169