Possible bug in X11 forwarding code.

Faux Pas III fauxpas at trellisinc.com
Fri Jan 5 03:16:34 EST 2001

I'm running into a repeatable bug with OpenSSH versions 2.2.0p1
and the most recent 2.3.0 on Linux/x86.  For some servers (I
can't exactly pin down the relationship among those that exhibit
the bug, but it seems to be those that run X locally), if you
ssh in from a shell where the DISPLAY environment variable is
set, and both ends have X11 forwarding enabled, the session
will immediately exit.  Unsetting the DISPLAY environment
reliably fixes this problem, and for servers where the
problem exists, it seems to exist for all OpenSSH clients.

--
Josh Litherland (fauxpas at trellisinc.com)
 It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.